Guidelines for Facade Grants for Congress Street
ln the 2020/21 annual Town of Winnsboro Budget, Town Council designated $3,000.00 for six (6) Facade Grants to downtown merchants for improving the street-facing fronts of their businesses.
The following guidelines will assist merchants in applying for reimbursement with the grant.
The facade grant will be a reimbursement grant -the owner/business must spend at least $500.00 and the Town of Winnsboro will reimburse the business once it is determined the business has met all of the requirements of the grant.
Repeat: There will be six $500.00 grants available and it will be, as always, be awarded on a first come/ first serve basis. The grant scope of work is not to proceed until the Town notifies you in writing of your approval/grant award.
IF THE MERCHANT IS RENTING THEIR STOREFRONT, THE PROPERTY OWNER MUST APPLY.
ALL APPICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND DATE STAMPED.
IF THE APPLICANT DOES NOT BEGIN WORK WITHIN 90 DAYS OF APPROVAL OF GRANT THE FUNDS MAY BE FORFEITED AND THE NEXT APPLICANT ON THE WAITING LIST WILL BE AWARDED.
- Business must be in the Town of Winnsboro and located on Congress Street.
- Owners can only apply for one facade grant per cycle. We are mailing one invitation only, but, you may choose which property address is the applicant, if you own multiple buildings on Congress Street.
- The business must have a Town of Winnsboro active business license and provide a copy of the license to Town Hall, before approval to begin the work. The business must use a licensed contractor (a copy of their license must be presented to Grant Administration).
- The business must have a Town of Winnsboro Building Permit -the permit fee will be waived. The contractor must provide a copy of the Fa¢ade Grant Application in order for the fee to be waived.
- The work will be inspected by The Town of Winnsboro Building Inspector.
- All work must be completed by May 14, 2021.
- All receipts for work performed must be submitted by June 1, 2021.
- Reimbursement must show a cancelled check from the business owner along with The relevant Invoice (s) for reimbursement.
SUBMIT TO: MS. CYNDI GAWRONSKI / GRANTS ADMINSTRATOR
P.O. BOX 209
WINNSBORO, SC 29180
803 815-2947 Office E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE for application